If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Volkswagen Tiguan insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Charlotte. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Immediately safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Inconceivable but true, over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in Charlotte could cut their rates by as much as 10% a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in NC, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Charlotte Tiguan insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen Tiguan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Volkswagen Tiguan insurance analysis
The rate table below showcases different rate quotes for Volkswagen Tiguan models. Having insight into how prices are established can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$174||$322||$286||$16||$86||$884||$74|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$174||$322||$286||$16||$86||$884||$74|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$196||$378||$286||$16||$86||$962||$80|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$196||$378||$286||$16||$86||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence rates noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Volkswagen Tiguan insurance rates for different age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Volkswagen Tiguan liability-only versus full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Tiguan insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for excluding full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Tiguan settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Charlotte
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Tiguan can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive get Charlotte auto insurance over the internet.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Charlotte auto insurance quote.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, good student, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, mature driver, pay in full, and business and professional.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, driver training, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driving, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.