The recommended way to get cheaper GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Charlotte. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic violations and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover tips to get better rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Sierra 2500HD coverage is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
If you are insured now, you will be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these tips. Finding and buying the most affordable car insurance coverage in Charlotte can be fairly easy. But North Carolina vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
Car insurance providers offering cheap prices in North Carolina
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Charlotte, NC. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in NC, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and statistics
The premium information below highlights estimates of prices for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance premiums are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$104||$204||$240||$14||$72||$634||$53|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$104||$204||$270||$16||$80||$674||$56|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$104||$204||$240||$14||$72||$634||$53|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$104||$204||$240||$14||$72||$634||$53|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$104||$236||$270||$16||$80||$706||$59|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$104||$236||$270||$16||$80||$706||$59|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$104||$236||$240||$14||$72||$666||$56|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$104||$236||$240||$14||$72||$666||$56|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$104||$236||$270||$16||$80||$706||$59|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$116||$236||$270||$16||$80||$718||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
Gender-based insurance rates by age
The diagram below shows the difference between GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below compares GMC Sierra 2500HD annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your GMC Sierra 2500HD book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance policy discounts for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Charlotte
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Sierra 2500HD insurance in Charlotte.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your GMC could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, safe vehicle, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may have discounts that include early signing, EZ pay plan discount, new car, economy car, senior citizen, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide discounts include accident-free, anti-theft, family plan, multi-policy, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
When getting free Charlotte auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What if I total my GMC Sierra 2500HD and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
When to talk to an agent
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Charlotte that may be able to provide price quote information for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Charlotte.
- Biggs Insurance Group
13850 Ballantyne Corporate Pl #500 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 369-5270 – View Map
- Allwood Insurance
3611 Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd #205 – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 395-1239 – View Map
- George Pettice – State Farm Insurance Agent
820 Tyvola Rd #103 – Charlotte, NC 28217 – (704) 523-1717 – View Map
- Todd Younker – State Farm Insurance Agent
7725 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 545-9111 – View Map
Upon getting good responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an insurer that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage. Just understand that policyholders can cancel coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company for the full term.
Car insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, bail bonds, emergency aid and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. North Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your GMC Sierra 2500HD.
Due to the fact that many North Carolina drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25 in North Carolina), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and vandalism. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Sierra 2500HD in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, hospital visits and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
More affordable car insurance in Charlotte is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Charlotte agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
When searching for the cheapest GMC Sierra 2500HD rate quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed car insurance information is available by following these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)