Astonishing but true, most car insurance buyers in North Carolina have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in the United States can cut their rates by $859 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper car insurance rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Charlotte is to annually compare prices from providers in North Carolina.
- Get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a low credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
How to compare free Charlotte Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance price quotes
Finding a better price on car insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Charlotte car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you want cheap car insurance in Charlotte, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though Charlotte B9 Tribeca insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru B9 Tribeca, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save with these discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- College Student – Kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- New Car Discount – Putting car insurance coverage on a new B9 Tribeca can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and safety features.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, driver’s education, student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, safe driver, anti-theft, paid in full, multi-policy, student away at school, and group or association.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, driver training, daytime running lights, federal employee, defensive driver, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, homeowner, bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
Check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Charlotte. To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Charlotte?
When finding a good Charlotte insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Charlotte willing to provide price quotes.
- David Stroman – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 East Trade Street, C-340 – Charlotte, NC 28202 – (704) 332-1970 – View Map
- Jeff Genant – State Farm Insurance Agent
15105 John J Delaney Dr – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 594-3000 – View Map
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Charlotte who can help you get rate quotes.
- Patriot Insurance Agencies
9620 Monroe Rd – Charlotte, NC 28270 – (704) 644-3058 – View Map
- Lawing – Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 391-8483 – View Map
- Allwood Insurance
3611 Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd #205 – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 395-1239 – View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Find cheaper auto insurance rates by comparing often
Cheaper auto insurance in Charlotte can be found online as well as from independent agents in Charlotte, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)