Really, the only way to get budget Subaru BRZ insurance in Charlotte is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina.
First, try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around annually are highly likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on Subaru BRZ insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding the best ways to shop for coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in North Carolina
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Charlotte, NC. To find cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Cheaper Charlotte car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Charlotte auto insurance quotes online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Charlotte auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, daytime running lights, air bags, driver training, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- Allstate may offer discounts for eSmart discount, premier discount, safe driver, utility vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, auto/life discount, and teenSMART discount.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Charlotte.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Subaru BRZ is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Subaru in a year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your BRZ may be wasting your money.
A policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Do you have enough liability protection? – Liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Traffic violations will cost you – Even a single citation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
Add-on coverages can add up – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Deter theft and pay less – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
Subaru BRZ claim statistics – Auto insurance companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Carolina?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Subaru BRZ?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Buying from insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Charlotte who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Charlotte should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
When looking for a good Charlotte insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. Charlotte agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can influence which agent you choose.
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Charlotte exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Gary Kochman – State Farm Insurance Agent
9539 Idlewild Rd – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 545-4422 – View Map
- Todd Younker – State Farm Insurance Agent
7725 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 545-9111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Rose
6853 Fairview Rd c – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 366-7779 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Charlotte that can give you price quote information.
- RJR Insurance
7810 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy # 300 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 543-2700 – View Map
- Lawing – Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 391-8483 – View Map
- Swimmer Insurance Agency
725 Providence Rd #100 – Charlotte, NC 28207 – (704) 333-6694 – View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Subaru BRZ insurance premium rates in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Subaru BRZ insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)