To save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Charlotte.
Step 1: Read about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for ideas to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to use similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A survey found that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Subaru WRX insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Charlotte is not rocket science. But North Carolina car owners must learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering low-cost Subaru WRX rate quotes in Charlotte, NC
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Charlotte, NC. To buy cheap auto insurance in NC, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Charlotte car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru can earn lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, multiple policy, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, air bags, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including new car, good payer, senior citizen, safe driver, early signing, anti-lock brakes, and premier plus.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Charlotte. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most companies will give discounts to policyholders that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Get hitched and pay lower costs – Being married may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Teenagers are high risk – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Insurance rates and driver gender – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Subaru WRX is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- File claims and pay more – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in North Carolina give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Subaru WRX insurance claim data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the loss history for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Subaru WRX Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my Subaru WRX covered for smoke damage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Charlotte car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Charlotte.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Charlotte that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Charlotte?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Upon getting good answers to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
More affordable car insurance in Charlotte is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Charlotte car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just showed you many tips how you can get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, high prices or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)