Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Charlotte, NC? Charlotte consumers have options when looking for affordable Toyota Tundra insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for your Toyota and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Charlotte agents.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest price on Toyota Tundra insurance in Charlotte on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Toyota Tundra insurance in Charlotte.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers in North Carolina are known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gender impacts costs – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Tundra auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Filing auto insurance claims can cost you more – Companies in North Carolina award cheaper rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Cautious drivers pay the best rates – Careful drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims raise Toyota Tundra insurance prices for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Raising deductibles lowers rates – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Toyota. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding employer? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like doctors, business owners, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Insurance loss statistics a Toyota Tundra – Companies use historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Tundra vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Toyota Tundra Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD 88 105 96 63 75 94 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD 97 113 105 64 51 77 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD 95 131 90 85 84 107 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD 86 112 93 53 55 79 Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD 93 115 69BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The easiest way to get rate comparisons for Toyota Tundra insurance in Charlotte is to know the trick most of the bigger providers provide online access to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including if the car is leased, whether or not you need a SR-22, any included safety features, and whether you have decent credit. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Charlotte, NC. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Toyota Tundra insurance rates and statistics
The rate table displayed below covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Toyota Tundra models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are determined can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$118||$210||$296||$18||$88||$730||$61|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$134||$256||$296||$18||$88||$792||$66|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$134||$256||$296||$18||$88||$792||$66|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$152||$256||$296||$18||$88||$810||$68|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$152||$256||$296||$18||$88||$810||$68|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$152||$256||$296||$18||$88||$810||$68|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$152||$302||$296||$18||$88||$856||$71|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$152||$302||$296||$18||$88||$856||$71|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$170||$302||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$170||$302||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Charlotte location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Toyota Tundra full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Tundra auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Tundra claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Three reasons to insure your Toyota Tundra
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Tundra with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Toyota and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Toyota Tundra insurance in Charlotte
Companies do not advertise every policy discount very well, so below is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Charlotte car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Charlotte car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Save with a New Car – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total Tundra insurance premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Tundra insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Charlotte, click here.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Charlotte.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Charlotte that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good Charlotte insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Charlotte can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Charlotte who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza – Charlotte, NC 28215 – (704) 563-4343 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael Bare Agency
2300 Sardis Rd N a – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 248-8000 – View Map
- The Jordan Insurance Agency,LLC
13860 Ballantyne Corporate Pl #120 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 926-7565 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Charlotte willing to provide comparison quotes.
- David Stroman – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 East Trade Street, C-340 – Charlotte, NC 28202 – (704) 332-1970 – View Map
- Roger Craig – State Farm Insurance Agent
1427 Emerywood Dr – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 553-2327 – View Map
- Jeff Genant – State Farm Insurance Agent
15105 John J Delaney Dr – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 594-3000 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Charlotte?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Smart consumers save more
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in Charlotte is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Charlotte car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Steps to finding low-cost Toyota Tundra insurance in Charlotte
The easiest way to find discount Toyota Tundra insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Charlotte.
First, take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Tundra insurance in Charlotte. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)