Regrettably, most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. North Carolina consumers could save up to 10% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the benefits if they switched.
Really, the only way to find better pricing on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Charlotte is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Charlotte. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One tip to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Charlotte is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like if you have an active license, whether or not you need a SR-22, what you do for a living, and types of safety features. That information is instantly sent to many different companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Volkswagen Jetta now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Choosing the best Volkswagen Jetta insurance in North Carolina is an important decision
Even though Charlotte Jetta insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your Volkswagen Jetta and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and information analytics
The information shown next showcases different insurance costs for Volkswagen Jetta models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$380||$262||$16||$78||$920||$77|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$184||$380||$222||$14||$66||$866||$72|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$380||$262||$16||$78||$920||$77|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$446||$262||$16||$78||$1,010||$84|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$208||$446||$222||$14||$66||$956||$80|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$446||$262||$16||$78||$1,010||$84|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$446||$262||$16||$78||$1,010||$84|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$208||$446||$222||$14||$66||$956||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in your specific Charlotte location which can increase or decrease price quotes greatly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Charlotte auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can influence Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The illustration below compares Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Jetta replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Save with these eight discounts on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Charlotte
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Charlotte auto insurance with certain companies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, air bags, group or association, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, TimeAway discount, good student, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, renters, defensive driver, DriveSense, safety device, and Switch & Save.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Charlotte.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Charlotte who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When researching a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Charlotte can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Charlotte that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Johnson Insurance Management, LLC
3220 Wilkinson Boulevard Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28208 – (704) 394-7327 – View Map
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza – Charlotte, NC 28215 – (704) 563-4343 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Timothy G Hausmann Agency
2313 Randolph Rd – Charlotte, NC 28207 – (704) 332-0011 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are Charlotte exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Matt “Woody” Woodford – State Farm Insurance Agent
501 S Sharon Amity Rd #200 – Charlotte, NC 28211 – (704) 971-3030 – View Map
- Todd Younker – State Farm Insurance Agent
7725 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 545-9111 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4651 South Blvd Suite B – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 523-2886 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Charlotte?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
If you get good feedback to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage any time you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for the full policy term.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Volkswagen Jetta?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Jetta in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, falling objects, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for EMT expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, attorney fees, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Persistent drivers can save
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Low-cost Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Charlotte can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is actually quite simple.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much are Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)