Shockingly, a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in North Carolina being $980, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Charlotte is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for information to help reduce prices and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Charlotte is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare insurance rates online from multiple companies.
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes online. The process doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When complete, their system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted. Quoting online for Volvo C70 insurance in Charlotte simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find the lowest possible payments on insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
The table shown next highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Volvo C70 models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$128||$272||$214||$12||$64||$690||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific Charlotte garaging location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C70 replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo C70 insurance in Charlotte
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current C70 insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Charlotte can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will lower the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C70 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, good student, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
- USAA offers discounts including safe driver, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, and family discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of companies with the best Volvo C70 insurance discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your Volvo vehicle
Even though Charlotte C70 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your C70 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in North Carolina?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Comparing prices from local Charlotte insurance agencies
Some people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Charlotte that can provide free Charlotte auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Charlotte?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does their agency support local causes in Charlotte?
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Charlotte willing to provide comparison quotes for Volvo C70 insurance in Charlotte.
If you get positive responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurer that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just understand that you are entitled to terminate coverage when you choose so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific company with no way out.