Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Volvo S40 in North Carolina can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates on a Volvo and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Charlotte insurance agents.
Locating more affordable insurance policy in Charlotte is not as confusing as people think. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Vehicle owners just have to learn the most efficient way to find the lowest price on the web.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rates in North Carolina
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in North Carolina. To find cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of prices for Volvo S40 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are figured is important for making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$152||$302||$282||$16||$84||$836||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Volvo S40 insurance premiums for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Charlotte
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S40 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S40 car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo S40 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Charlotte drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below compares Volvo S40 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
For a list of companies with the best Volvo S40 insurance discounts in Charlotte in North Carolina, click this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in North Carolina?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Local Charlotte car insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Charlotte.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Charlotte who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Charlotte that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Michael A Goodman Insurance Agency Inc
6401 Carmel Rd Ste 208 – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 541-8660 – View Map
- The Hoffman Agency, LLC
2015 Ayrsley Town Blvd – Charlotte, NC 28273 – (704) 280-8585 – View Map
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza – Charlotte, NC 28215 – (704) 563-4343 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Charlotte who can help you get price quotes.
- Uwem Equan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5412 Central Ave b – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 535-4090 – View Map
- Darrick Embry – State Farm Insurance Agent
8124 S Tryon St, Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28273 – (704) 583-8393 – View Map
- Todd Younker – State Farm Insurance Agent
7725 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 545-9111 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
More effort can pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Volvo S40 insurance prices in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
How to buy discount Volvo S40 insurance in Charlotte
The best way to find cheaper Volvo S40 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Charlotte.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately put the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Charlotte, NC? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)